HAPPY 2017! I am so ready to begin a new year. 2016 was killing me, but it was also a great year for me to try some new things (THIS BLOG)- so I am thankful for that. It was such rough year, not only politically and socially, but it was difficult for me to get to my goal of 40 books this year, too. BUT I DID! You can see all of the books I read this year on my Goodreads page.
My Best/Worst of 2016:
Top 5 Books I Read in 2016:
1. Tuesday Nights in 1980 by Molly Prentiss
2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
3. Harmony by Carolyn Parkhurst
4. Girls on Fire by Robin Wasserman
5. Modern Lovers by Emma Straub
3 Books That I Wouldn’t Recommend:
1. Close to You by Kristen Proby
2. To All The Boys, I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
3. Façade by Nyrae Dawn
I think I succeeded in reading some wonderful books because I couldn’t even choose five that I wouldn’t recommend, so that’s good! For 2017 I chose to up the ante and read a total of 50 books that I will thoroughly enjoy!
My 2017 Reading Plan by Month:
January: 5 books
February: 4 books
March: 4 books
April: 4 books
May: 4 books
June: 5 books
July: 5 books
August: 3 books
September: 4 books
October: 4 books
November: 4 books
December: 4 books
It may seem a tad bit ridiculous for me to be planning how many books I read by month, but it will hold me accountable so I can succeed at reaching my goal.
5 Steps to Achieving My Goal:
1. Read for at least an hour a day.
2. If I don’t think I’ll like a book after the first few chapters, stop reading it!
3. Read outside my comfort zone, I may surprise myself.
4. Read reviews before I begin reading a new book.
5. Be open to recommendations from people I trust.
My plan is to not only read 50 books but to also read as many recommendations, classic novels, and independent works of fiction that I have time for. If you would like me to read and review your work, check out my review request guidelines.
I have a really good feeling about 2017, guys! Let’s kick this year’s ass!
What is your reading goal for 2017? Let me know in the comments!